Skills and Responsibility
– Reframe content for various social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat
– Work on Breaking News and News Alerts
– Publish content on the website
– Work on content SEO – Search Engine Optimisation
– Work on archiving and repurposing old content
– Brief the Editorial team about audience reaction
– Engage with the audience and direct loyal customers to subscription
– Prepare quarterly social audit and weekly newsletters
– Measure and report analytics and social media performance
– Collaborate with Digital Media Production specialist to create videos, animations, and interactive infographics
– Prepare narrations/scripts for weekly video productions
– Brief and alert the marketing department for monetisation opportunities
Applicants competent in writing and reading in English with a keen interest in journalism and outstanding work ethics, not necessarily college graduate, are welcomed. The candidate must be tech-savvy with a passion for writing and storytelling and the ability to work on digital-first content development strategy with the Editor’s direction.
Please submit your applications, attached with relevant testimonials, to:
INDEPENDENT NEWS & MEDIA PLC
TEGENE BUILDING, 7TH FLOOR
ADJACENT TO GLOBAL HOTEL ON SIERRA LEONE STREET
TEL: 251-(0)11-416-3020; FAX: 251-(0)11-416-3039
PO Box: 259 CODE 1110, ADDIS ABEBA – ETHIOPIA
The sad affair of law enforcement in Ethiopia found itself back in the...
A Facebook campaign, "fuel blockade", which mainly targets Addis Abeba,...
There is sometimes a bright side to severe crises,...
A recent report on the fire accident risks faced by residents close to...
It has been weeks since that fateful announcement by Prime Minister Hai...
Even in the late 18th century, humankind was wary of population growth.
Years have passed since the Ethiopian government decided that that best...